Wednesday, February 7, 2018

I've made some changes!

I used to post to this blog every week. I was part of several baking groups and loved reading other blogs, trying new recipes, taking pictures. Being part of a community.

The man I was married to made some negative comments about the time and money I was spending baking and blogging and I stopped. Stopped blogging. Stopped keeping in touch with friends I had made. Stopped a lot of things.

In April of 2016 I suddenly woke up so to speak and decided I no longer wished to be married to the man I had lived with and been married to for 26 years. I asked for a divorce. Moved out. In other words, I stopped. Stopped allowing someone else to control my feelings, my likes and dislikes, my time.

With my divorce settlement I bought a cute little single wide 3/10 of a mile from a beautiful lake (I can walk my kayak down to the boat launch) and started living again. My divorce was final January 30,2017.  I am now spending time with my children and grandchildren, without worrying about hurrying home or upsetting someone. I spend time with friends without hearing judgement about them. I travel when and where I want. Some of those things I did when I was married, but I was always worried he might get mad if I stayed too long, or remind me of whatever at a later date.

I wish I had done it years ago.

Of course, years ago I didn't feel like I did on that day in April when I decided I couldn't spend another 26 years being where I was. Years ago I was still trying to be a good wife and homemaker. I still loved my husband and wanted to do whatever to make him happy. Unfortunately, my husband didn't feel the same about his wife. But, it's all good. Things happen when they are supposed to happen. And, rather than look back and say I should have, I look forward and say what should I do today.

So, after what, 6 years away, I am back. I plan to post pictures of things I bake and things I cook. I plan to blog about trips I take and things I see and share pictures of those things. Because I want to. Because it will make me happy. And, because I have missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love hearing from others.