Monday, February 8, 2021

It has been a while

 I used to blog. A lot. I was part of several baking groups. I love to bake and enjoyed posting pictures of my baked goods. I met other bakers, learned about baking and taking photos, and made some friends. 

I was married, living in the country and life was good. Or I thought it was. But, there was a cancer growing and after 26 years, I decided to leave my marriage and try life on my own. 

I bought a little trailer in a golf/camping community, I traded in my gas guzzling SUV for a little hybrid,  adopted a cat, and started a new life. My life. 

That was 4 years ago. I am happier and more at peace today than I have ever been. From working 2 jobs and commuting 3 1/2 hours a day, 5 days a week, I now work 1 job, 4 nights, and my weekly commute is less  than 2 hours. I’ve found a job that suits me, working overnights with the freight department of Home Depot. I stock shelves, working at my own pace and on my own.

I do a lot of posting on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Pictures of food I’ve cooked or baked. Photos of my travels. (Not so many of those lately, but better days are coming). But I love to “talk, and I’m often too wordy for those platforms. So, I thought I would revisit this old blog and perhaps rediscover my pleasure in sharing, through blogging and photography,  my love of baking and cooking.  Hang around. This could be fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love hearing from others.